The building which was used as a Law School between 1928 and 1941, is a work of 1st International Architecture Era. 1st International Architecture Era began with the declaration of 2nd Constitutional Monarchy and it developed with the decleration of Rebublic and finally ended in 1930s. Having been built through this understanding, Ankara Old Law School building has no traditional ornaments architectural elements, so it is one of the examples of the early period which have very modest fronts.
In 2004, it was restored for its further usage as a museum, so, it was opened under the name of Ankara Museum of Foundation Works.
In Ankara Museum of Foundation Works, various examples of rugs and carpets which were previosly preserved in the stores of General Directorate of Foundations and collected from all around Turkey, candlesticks, Korans, Sultans’ endowments, watches, tablets of calligraphy, wooden casements and preach platforms of Ankara Ahi Elvan Mosque belonging to 13th century, ceramic boards, purses, kaaba coats that were previosly smuggled out of the country and were taken back, valves of Sivas Divriği Ulu Mosque , wooden broads, cameras used in the General Directorate of Foundations, polyester films and their accessaries are exhibited via the help of all kinds of technological devices.
Atatürk Bulvarı No:23 Ulus/ANKARA
Tel:0312 31149 25
Galerideki fotoğraflar Vakıflar Genel Müdürlüğünden alınmıştır.